- HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT TIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING
Lincoln-Lawrence-Jefferson Davis-Covington-Jones- Including the cities of Greenwood, Grenada, Vaiden, North Carrollton, Carrollton, Winona, Eupora, Mathiston, West Point, Columbus, Ackerman, Weir, Starkville, Durant,
Tchula,Lexington, Pickens, Goodman, Kosciusko, Louisville,
Macon,Brooksville, Yazoo City, Ridgeland, Madison, Canton,
Carthage,Philadelphia, Pearl River, De Kalb, Scooba,
Jackson, Pearl,Brandon, Richland, Forest, Morton, Newton,
Union, Decatur,Conehatta, Meridian, Crystal Springs,
Hazlehurst, Wesson, Magee,Mendenhall, Taylorsville, Raleigh,
Bay Springs, Heidelberg,Quitman, Stonewall, Shubuta,
Brookhaven, Monticello, New Hebron, Prentiss, Bassfield,
Collins, Mount Olive, and Laurel …HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING… The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a Heat Advisory, which is in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening. * TEMPERATURE…mid 90s with heat indices 105 to 110. * IMPACTS…Heat exhaustion or Heat stroke may set in if individuals and pets are not adequately cooled and/or hydrated. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Take extra precautions, if you work or spend time outside.
- When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water.
- To reduce risk during outdoor work, the occupational safety and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments.
- Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
- Heat stroke is an emergency, call 9 1 1.
A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.