Before you go out on the water, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife,
Fisheries, and Parks would like to make you aware of everything you
need to know for an enjoyable and safe boating experience.
The following is a boating check list that will guide you to an enjoyable
- Valid boating registration (onboard vessel)
- Valid numbers displayed on side of vessel (At least 3 inches tall with contrasting colors to hull).
- Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device sized to fit, for every person on Board.
- Vessel 16′ or larger must have a Coast Guard approved throwable device.
- Vessel must have a fire extinguisher if it has an enclosed gas compartment.
- Vessel must have a sound device if operating on navigable waters.
- Anyone 12 years and younger must wear a Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device at all times while the vessel is underway.
- Boater Education/Safety card for all operators who were born on or after June 30, 1980.