AS OF SATURDAY 7-13-19:
- FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR MISSISSIPPI RIVER AT GREENVILLE – River Stage 52.59’v FLOOD STAGE 48′ Forecast: The river will continue falling over the next 5 days.
- FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR MISSISSIPPI RIVER AT VICKSBURG – River Stage 49.21v FLOOD STAGE 43′ Forecast: Heavy rainfall on the river will push the river up a few tenths over the next 24 hours. Beginning tomorrow afternoon, the river should continue falling.
* The River at Vicksburg has been above flood stage (43’) for 147 days as of Saturday 7-13-19.
- FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR BIG SUNFLOWER NEAR ANGUILLA – River Stage 46.87′ FLOOD STAGE 45′ Forecast: Heavy rainfall later tonight into Sunday will push an already high river up another foot. The river will continue rising to near 48.0 feet early by Thursday morning.
- BIG SUNFLOWER AT HOLLY BLUFF – River Stage 97.45′ FLOOD STAGE 95′
- STEELE BAYOU.…(Landside) : 97.5’v…. (Riverside) 97.3v’
The Steele Bayou Structure Gates were CLOSED Sunday (July 7, 2019).
- LITTLE SUNFLOWER STRUCTURE: (Landside) 98.1’v….(Riverside) 98.1′ v The Little Sunflower Structure Gates are CLOSED.
- EAGLE LAKE 97.5′
- The Muddy Bayou Structure is open.
- YAZOO RIVER AT BELZONI – River Stage 26.05′ v FLOOD STAGE 34′
Forecast: River will rise to 30′ on July 17th.
- FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR YAZOO RIVER AT YAZOO CITY – River Stage 31.63′ v FLOOD STAGE 29′ Forecast: The river will rise to 34′ on July 15th.
- YAZOO RIVER AT SATARTIA – River Stage 38.56’v FLOOD STAGE 35′
- WOLF LAKE AT HIGHWAY 149 – Lake Level: 98.07’v
- FLOOD WARNING FOR BIG BLACK RIVER AT BENTONIA – River Stage: 7.38’v FLOOD STAGE 22′
Forecast: The river will rise above flood stage Monday afternoon and will continue to rise to near 24.5 feet by Friday morning. NOTE: As Barry remains moves inland rainfall amounts across the upper and middle portions of the Big Black River Basin are expected to be in the 5 to 6 inch range. The lower Big Black basin could see 6 to 7 inches. The recent dry,hot weather has produced dry soil conditions which will limit the runoff of rainfall into the river.
Do not drive or walk through areas where water covers roadway!
The water may be deeper than it appears.
Remember…Turn around, don`t drown!
***MOST FLOODING DEATHS OCCUR IN VEHICLES***