Mississippi COVID-19 Update July 15, 2020
- New cases of COVID-19: 1,025
Positive test results reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. yesterday. Tests may have been made during the past several days, and represent individuals who became ill a week ago or more. Repeated tests for the same individual are counted only once.
- New deaths reported: 18
* 7 of these deaths occurred between July 2 and July 7, identified through death certificates.
COVID-19 related deaths reported to MSDH from hospitals, medical examiners and coroners.
Long-Term Care Facilities
- New LTC cases: 18
- New LTC deaths: 7
New cases and deaths, included in the total case count for today, among residents of long-term care facilities.
- Active outbreaks: 130
An outbreak is considered any COVID-19 case in the staff or residents of a long-term care or residential facility
- Persons currently hospitalized in Mississippi for confirmed COVID-19: 825
- Persons currently hospitalized in Mississippi for suspected COVID-19: 274
Totals of all Mississippi COVID-19 cases and deaths for 2020.
- Total COVID-19 cases: 38,567
- Total COVID-19 related deaths: 1,290